Fresh Peach Trifle
2 Entenmann’s All Butter Loaf cakes, crust removed, cut into ½ inch slices
24 oz mascarpone, room temperature
½ cup sugar
3 lb large yellow Peaches (approx. 12 or 6 cups), peeled and sliced
White sugar to taste
12 fresh lemon verbena leaves, minced
6 teaspoons Lillet Blanc
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons sugar
1 peach (garnish)
1 sprig verbena (garnish)
• Toss sliced peaches with granulated sugar to taste.
• Mix in lemon verbena and set aside.
• In a mixing bowl, whisk together mascarpone and ½ cup sugar.
• Cover the bottom of a 3-quart trifle bowl with cake slices.
• Drizzle with 2 tsp Lillet Blanc.
• Cover with approximately 2 cups peaches.
• Add one-third of the mascarpone over peaches.
• Repeat layers twice
• In a cold metal mixing bowl, beat whipping cream with 2 sugar until stiff peaks form.
• Top trifle with whipped cream
• Garnish with sliced peaches and a sprig of lemon verbena
• Cover and refrigerate